Technical Support staff may ask you to do a clean reinstall to troubleshoot a problem. Here's how to do it:
1. Uninstall Oasis
Most PCs will have a list of programs that can be updated or installed in their Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 this list is under the Apps and Features section
- In Windows 7 this list is under Programs>Uninstall a program
2. Remove Temporary Files
Once that is done, you will need to remove some temporary files from your AppData folder.
The AppData folder is located in your User Account folder: Local Disk (C:)/Users/(Your User Folder)/App Data/
- Note: If you cannot see your AppData Folder then this means the folder is hidden. To show hidden files:
- In Windows 10: Click the view tab at the top of file explorer, then check the box that says "Hidden Items" in the Show/Hide section
- In Windows 7: In the control pane, navigate to the Appearance and Personalization section. Select Folder Options then choose the View tab. Under Advanced Settings select 'Show hidden files, folders and drives', and click OK
Now that you're in the AppData folder
- Click on the Local folder, then open the Utherverse Digital Inc folder and delete "Oasis"
3. Reinstall Oasis
Now you can download and reinstall Oasis from the following link: https://oasis.game/Home/Download