Notifications are how how Oasis grabs your attention to deliver important information, or prompt you to take action on something.
Turning Notifications Off or On
Please note that high-priority notifications, such as server announcements, may bypass your settings.
- Click the Settings button in the top-right of your Oasis browser bar
- Click Preferences
- Under the General tab you should see a Notifications heading
- Check any notifications you want enabled, or uncheck ones you want to disable.
Common & Important Notifications
There are many reasons the system may alert you to something in Oasis. Here are a few of the common ones, and some less common but important ones.
- Rays transfer: When virtual currency is transferred to or from you, you will receive a yellow text notification in the chat window
- Region change: When you successfully change regions you will receive a yellow text notification in the chat window
- Action Prohibited: When you try to do something that is not allowed or enabled in that zone, you will receive a yellow text notification in the chat window
- Action Restricted: If you are a Basic Member (non-VIP) and you try to begin an action that is only enabled for VIP Members (get naked, have sex, transfer currency, etc.), you will receive a yellow text notification in the chat window and/or a pop-up message
- Server Broadcasts: Server broadcast messages (alerts and updates from staff) appear as purple text notifications in the chat window
- Server Restart: Very often in the middle of a server restart (or fail), features, objects and actions can appear broken. To notify you when the connection to the server is lost we’ve added a Server Restart notification to chat. If you see this notification, please be patient while the connection is repaired. Once you are reconnected, everything should work fine again.
- Action/Friend Requests: If you receive a request that requires an action from you (accept/decline) you will see a notification box pop up in the lower right-hand corner of your Curio window. You can Accept or Decline the action request from this message screen. Requests that can trigger this type of notification include hugs, lap dances, drink offers, and sex.
- Missed Friend Requests: If you miss the notification for a friend request, a number will appear on your Friends Menu icon indicating how many Friend Requests you have waiting. You can open up the Friends Menu, click on the Requests Tab, and right click to Accept or Deny.